- Military-grade water purifier pump removes viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and particulate from contaminated water sources virtually anywhere on earth
- Meets NSF protocol P248 testing standard of the U.S. military, using medical-grade fibers to provide protection from the tiniest waterborne threats
- Pumps at a rapid 2.5 liters per minute, treats up to 10,000 liters of water, and withstands freezing, drops, heavy use, and harsh environments
- Pump self-cleans on every stroke, providing consistently fast flow rates with zero hassle—no backflushing or filter-scrubbing ever required
- Ideal for backcountry, expeditions, global travel, and survival; purifier pump measures 8.2 x 4.7 inches and weighs 17.3 ounces; made in the USA
Every MSR filter and purifier features:
- An integrity check that allows the user to easily confirm that, if the device is dropped or frozen, the fibers haven’t been damaged and the device is working safely—a feature most competitors don’t provide.
- An end-of-life indicator—the filter media stops passing water. This clearly identifies that it’s time to replace the cartridge without exposing the user to harmful pathogens.
- Passes NSF Protocol P231 throughout the filter’s life. The test confirms microbiological threat removal from a variety of water types, unlike NSF 42 and 53, which aren’t suitable tests for backcountry use.